What is composite bonding?
Teeth that are discoloured, chipped, rotated, or spaced can be transformed with composite bonding.
What does it involve?
- At your consultation, the dentist will give options for composite bonding and discuss options to best achieve your desired outcome.
- For simple composite bonding to the edges of your teeth (edge bonding) this can be done in one visit.
- For bonding of a full smile, photos and a digital scan of your teeth will be taken to design a smile that you desire.
- Modifications can be made until you are happy.
- At the second appointment the trial smile is conducted, this is an opportunity to see the smile design on your teeth before confirming you are ready to proceed.
- At the third appointment the teeth are prepared, and the tooth coloured filling material is placed on the front of the teeth and shaped to the desired form that was previously agreed with your trial smile.
The material is finished and polished to a life-like shine. A later review and polishing appointment may be necessary.